Established in 2003, Hong Kong Retail Technology Industry Association (RTIA) 香港零售科技商會 is a non-profit trade association. We target to be a united force in the industry to accelerate the development and usage of retail and payment technologies locally and to promote our experience outside Hong Kong.
To promote the awareness and usage of retail and payment technologies and to advance the professional standards of software and hardware development in related technologies’ applications.
- To promote and improve the standard of competence, recognition and profitability of the Hong Kong retail technology industry;
- To enhance the competitiveness of the Hong Kong retail technology industry locally and globally;
- To promote the awareness and usage of retail and payment technologies by the general public in Hong Kong;
- To provide a forum for experience sharing and partnership facilitation in achieving a maximum synergy effect within the Hong Kong retail technology industry;
- To represent and safeguard the interests and opinions of the Hong Kong retail technology industry;
- To promote and encourage co-operation amongst retail technology organizations in Hong Kong, other parts of the People’s Republic of China and elsewhere in the world;
- To provide a channel of communication among its members and to foster co-operation and interplay among them;
- To represent its members and reflect and express in any manner their opinions and views on all matters of common concern to government departments and other organizations in Hong Kong or elsewhere in the world;
- To promote or oppose as the Association thinks fit, any legislation or governmental policies or measures which may enhance or affect the common interests of its members or the objects of the Association.
A Council Committee of maximum 20 Council Members directs the trade association.
An Advisory Board is also formed with prominent figures with the role of advising RTIA in determining market and industry priorities and promotional strategies for the retail technology sector.
In order to achieve our objectives, RTIA will organize different activities such as exhibitions, conferences, seminars, gatherings, overseas study mission, competition, etc. Those events are intended to facilitate sharing of commercial and technology ideas among members, and to expand business networks of our members.
RTIA will keep our members update of developments and business opportunities in the industry through the biannual electronic “RTIA Newsletter”. In addition, RTIA Newsletter also summarizes and introduces members’ latest products and services to the industry. The newsletter is free for all members.
RTIA aims to work with other trade associations, consulates, trade commissions and overseas trade associations to facilitate partnership between members from different regions and to act as the bridge for overseas companies looking for local partners.